Other Motor Vehicle Accidents
At the Law Offices of Cohn & Smith, P.A., we understand how devastating a car accident can be. Suffering a significant personal injury in addition to sustaining extensive damage to your vehicle can be devastating emotionally and financially. As experienced Florida trial lawyers, we negotiate or litigate on your behalf to obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve as result of your accident-related injury.
If you are involved in a car accident in the Pembroke Pines area, having a motor vehicle accident attorney on your side can make all the difference in the amount of your recovery.Roadway defects in the Pembroke Pines area cause auto accidents
While Florida roads have improved in the past decade, design and construction flaws and road maintenance issues still may contribute to car crashes. Allegations that roadway issues caused or contributed to your wreck can be difficult to prove due to the technical issues involved. Examples of flaws in streets and highways include:
- Where the road or highway curves, the outer edge of the curve is usually elevated to reduce the risk of a vehicle veering off the curve. If the banking is too high or remains too low, it can contribute to your accident.
- Speed breakers can be improperly constructed and cause your car to crash.
- Curbs can have a flawed design or be placed in inappropriate locations that can be a factor in your car accident.
- Medians and guardrails can add to the severity of your wreck.
- Traffic lights and signs may be the reason your car accident occurred if they do not function properly or are not accurately located to provide sufficient warning to drivers.
As Pembroke Pines motor vehicle accident lawyers, we thoroughly investigate all of the potential causes of your accident-related injury, including roadway flaws, distracted drivers, and airbag and seat belt failure.How much time do you have to sue after an accident occurs in Florida?
Statutes of limitations are a bar to claims that have not been enforced by the persons entitled to do so. If you are in a car accident in the Pembroke Pines area, you have four years in which to initiate a lawsuit against the negligent party responsible for your accident-related injuries. If your claim is for uninsured-under insured motorist coverage under an automobile insurance policy, then the statute of limitations is five years.Contact a qualified Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Pembroke Pines for a free initial consultation
If you are involved in a car accident in the Pembroke Pines area, the attorneys at Cohn & Smith are ready to help. Contact us online or call at (954) 687-0503 to schedule your free initial consultation. Our Pembroke Pines lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no fees or costs unless we win your case.